Wash bay water recycling systems
Wash bay water recycling systems allow for effective and sufficient effluent separation that allows for hydrocarbons (Oil, Diesel & Petrol) and filtration of final water through various filtration media to supply final water fit for re- use in washing operations. Some compounds, such as highly chlorinated compounds, heavy metals, and radionuclides are not readily biodegradable. Wash Bays water treatment plants are specially designed to the client’s requirements and vehicle types.
Wash bay waste water treatment is a cost-effective process and is designed to reduce the water demand on the main municipal supply.
Wash Bay Water Recycling Introduction
Water recycling is reusing wastewater for beneficial purposes such as washing vehicles, agricultural and landscape irrigation, industrial processes and toilet flushing. The purpose of these processes is sustainability and water conservation, rather than discharging the waste water to municipal drains and surface waters such as rivers and oceans. Recycled water can satisfy most water demands, as long as it is adequately treated to ensure water quality appropriate for the use.
How does it work?
- Wash water run into sediment trap
- Wash water is collected from Sand Oil Grease separator / trap with a submersible pump
- Water is pumped into settling tank
- Water overflow into wash bay water recycling bio-reactor 1
- Water overflow into wash bay water recycling bio-reactor 2
- Water overflow into wash bay water recycling bio-reactor 3
- Water overflow into raw water tank
- Water treatment by mechanical filtration (Optional)
- Water is stored in reservoir and ready for use at wash bay
What does it look like?
Plastic Water Above Ground Tanks
Fibre Glass Above Ground Tanks
Combination Fibreglass and Plastic Water Above Ground Tanks
Advantages of a waste water recovery system:
- 75-90% of the municipal water that is required to run your wash bay can be saved.
- It takes a lot less energy to recycle water on site than to create recycle water at treatment plants kilometers away at local water treatment plants.
- Recycling wastewater can decrease the release of wastes that may damage and pollute the ecosystems.
- Waste water can be cleaned to high quality – 50ppm
- Reduced demand on mains water supply
- No replacement filters or costly chemicals
- Can be fitted to existing wash bays
- Can be moved if the company relocates
Applications that can use waste water recovery systems:
- Automatic and car washing facilities
- Rental vehicle fleet washing facilities
- Truck washing facilities
- Bus washing facilities
Depending on the application, many options are available to maximize the efficiency of the wastewater treatment system including:
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Oil/Water Separator
- Effluent Separator
- Spot free rinsing, no drying required
- Disinfection solutions such as ozone or UV treatment
- Water purification systems to ensure drinkable water quality
Our team will work with you to custom a solution for your needs, whether these are to reduce operating costs, comply with environmental standards and/or improve sustainability of our natural resources….
SPOT FREE RINSING
Car washing spots occur because the water evaporates and any minerals in the water are left behind as residue. Spot free rinse systems purify soft, chlorine-free water through reverse osmosis to produce a pure final rinse that leaves no streaks or spots as the vehicle dries. Enviro Wash spot free rinsing allows a just wash, rinse, and go system where no drying is required.
Benefits of a spot free rinsing system include:
- For fleet vehicle washers spot free rinsing saves considerable time and effort as there is no need to dry the surface.
- You eliminate the risk of towel-induced paint damage, like swirls and fine scratches.
- By preventing water spots, you’re also preventing etching. Below-surface paint damage requires time-consuming compounding and, in some cases, paint repair.