Rain Water Harvesting
Rainwater harvesting is a way of saving the rainwater which would normally flow off a roof and down the drain. Harvested rainwater can be used for general washing, flushing of toilets and can also be converted into potable water that will replace your municipal supply water. Each household, business or office block has a specific requirement when it comes to capture, treatment and use of rainwater.
How does it work?
Roof catchment systems channel rainwater that falls onto a roof into storage through a system of gutters and pipes.
What does it look like?
Benefits of installing a rainwater harvesting tank
Using rainwater can reduce water bills, provide an alternative supply during water restrictions and help maintain a green, healthy garden. Rainwater collected from a well-designed, well- maintained system can be suitable for washing vehicles, agricultural and landscape irrigation, industrial processes, portable water and toilet flushing. The more uses, the greater the savings in mains water. Rainwater harvesting greens your home as it reduces your environmental footprint. Rainwater is a free source of water.
Applications that can use rainwater harvesting water:
- Washing vehicles
- Agricultural and landscape irrigation
- Industrial processes
- Portable water
- Toilet flushing
- Check and clean tank inlet screens, outlet screens and leaf-shedding rain-heads.
- Check roofs and gutters and remove debris.
- Remove overhanging vegetation where possible.
- Disinfection solutions such as ozone or UV treatment
- Water treatment solutions such as water purification
- Tanks can be store above or underground